The City of Bridgeport is leading the Barnum Station Conceptual Design effort. The Connecticut Department of Transportation is a project partner, and will lead future phases of this project (including design and construction). Other project partners and stakeholders include:
- Metro-North Railroad, who operates commuter rail service via the New Haven Line;
- Greater Bridgeport Transit, who provides local public transportation services throughout the City of Bridgeport and the greater Bridgeport region;
- MetroCOG, the Connecticut Metropolitan Council of Governments serving the Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford, and Trumbull region;
- Regional Plan Association, who works to improve the prosperity, infrastructure, sustainability and quality of life for the New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut metropolitan region;
- Major employers in the vicinity of the station, including Bridgeport Hospital and Dupont.
The City has contracted with the consulting firm VHB for the conceptual design and environmental documentation work.